- This event has passed.
Norway, ME: Fare Share Co-op
October 7, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Fare Share Co-op Screening will co-host a screening at CEBE, 447 Main Street, Norway, Maine in partnership with Center for an Ecology-Based Economy (CEBE).
Fare Share Co-op is your local Main Street market with local, natural, organic, healthy and fresh food.We are your wellness resource with bulk foods, locally baked goods, fruits, berries, and vegetables fresh from local farms. We also offer groceries, supplements, sundries, ethnic foods, gifts and more. Fare Share Co-op is a consumer-owned cooperative—anyone can shop here, but when you join, you own it.
Fare Share thrives on community cooperation and exists to:
- Create a high-quality, fair-priced, not-for-profit food supply, democratically controlled by the ownership
- Educate members of the community on matters of nutrition, agriculture and alternate technology
- Develop an information-sharing and communication center,
- Help to develop other non-profit goods and services
- Further principles of cooperation, democracy, and self-reliance for the general betterment of members and the community
- Provide a welcoming and inspiring space to build a healthy and sustainable community
Our Co-op Owners, the Staff, the Market, The Commons, our Tenants and our Main Street Neighbors are all part of a community that helps to create a world in which we love to live.
LEARN MORE! Subscribe to our newsletter to receive information about the Co-op, new products, sales and events.
Host a screening of Food for Change
Not on the calendar? Email us to host a screening.